Now that summer is over and the fall season has arrived, it’s time for all things autumn. The changing leaves, colorful outdoor displays, and pumpkin and apple treats will soon be arriving, along with cooler weather. Once the outdoor temperatures start to dip down, many people start to think about their home heating system – is it ready for the changing season as well?
Fortunately, making sure your heating system is ready to keep you and your family is pretty simple. Getting annual maintenance for your furnace, boiler, or heat pump system is one of the best ways you can ensure that it will start up without issue when you need it. In addition to this, there are several other reasons why fall heating maintenance is a good choice. Keep reading to learn more!
5 Reasons You Should Choose Fall Maintenance for Your Home
Of course, the main reason most people get annual maintenance is, as we mentioned above, to ensure their system will work once the cooler weather returns. There are many other benefits to choosing fall maintenance for your system as well, including:
- System Efficiency: Choosing annual maintenance services for your heating system can help it use less energy and operate more efficiently. Your system tends to collect dust and dirt with use, and that can cause the filter to become clogged and the inner components of your system to get dirty. As a result, your system has to work harder and use more energy. Your technician will clean your system, helping to restore efficiency.
- System Effectiveness: As we mentioned above, heating systems can get dirty over time. Not only does this affect the efficiency of your system, but its effectiveness as well. During routine maintenance, your system will be cleaned and tuned up, and any issues that could be causing it to operate poorly will be addressed.
- Longer Equipment Life: Heating equipment can last anywhere from 10-20 years. Unfortunately, systems that are not adequately maintained may not last nearly as long. Think about it this way – if you failed to get oil changes or new tires for your car, you wouldn’t expect it to last very long. The same goes for most complex mechanical equipment, including heating systems.
- Better Indoor Air Quality: Because heating systems tend to collect dirt and dust, a poorly maintained system can lead to inadequate indoor air quality, especially in forced-air systems. That’s because the particles that collect in your system will be circulated around your home again and again, whenever your system operates. Maintenance means a cleaner system, so the air moving through it will be cleaner as well.
- Warranty Maintenance: Most heating equipment manufacturers require regular maintenance in order to keep the warranty intact. Failure to get proper maintenance may result in your warranty being voided, and that can mean expensive out-of-pocket costs if your system breaks down and needs repairs or replacement.
How can Reidy Heating & Cooling, Inc. help me get the heating maintenance I need?
For your convenience, Reidy offers maintenance plans, which provide 24-hour service and discounted rates for members. Your heating system is an important investment. With our Home Comfort Club Maintenance Savings Plan, you won’t have to worry about coming home to a heating issue.
As a member, you’ll receive:
- Seasonal Maintenance on Heating & AC
- Discounts on Labor and Materials
- Fewer System Breakdowns
- Lower Utilities
- No Overtime Charges
- Guaranteed Service
To learn more about our maintenance plans, or to schedule your fall maintenance appointment, simply give us a call at (413) 534-3749, or contact us online. We’ll be more than happy to help you get the annual heating maintenance you need.